There really isn't a lot going on right now as far as the adoption process goes... We have been getting our packet of information together and working on our home study. We were supposed to meet with the social worker for the 2nd time this evening, but she had to cancel, so that puts us behind at least another week. For those of you who know me, know that patience is not a virtue that I possess naturally, so the waiting is hard for me to swallow, to say the least! We are trying to stay busy to help the time pass, but with something as big as this, its hard to keep your mind off of it. I've been looking at baby furniture and room decor for the soon-to-be nursery, which is something I really enjoy. It reminds us that this IS going to happen and we ARE going to bring a baby home one way or another. I just keep fantasizing about getting "the call" and finally meeting our loved one...the thought of our child is more than enough to keep on with this grueling process and the agonizing wait!
On another note, we have a doctors appointment next week to discuss with our reproductive specialist our failed in vitro cycle. I'm dreading it, but I am interested to see what he has to say. It would be nice if the in vitro process could at least give us an answer as to why we haven't been able to conceive and carry a child of our own. For those of you who don't know, we have conceived once-- only to have our hearts broken a few days later by miscarriage. We have moved on with adoption and are excited and at peace with it, so I hope he doesn't try to instill a false hope within us on having our own child. If God wills that for us, then we would more than happily welcome that child, but for now, we are putting our faith in adoption and that this is God's will for our family. We are over the agony of fertility treatments for the time being.
I hope that you all are having a blessed day/week! The weather lately has been so uplifting for me....fall is definitely my favorite season!
Waiting is never easy, especially when it is through no fault of your own and it means waiting even longer before your dream can come true. I hope the next week flies by quickly for you! I hope your appt. with the RE goes well and that he can provide some answers.
ReplyDelete